Sermon The sermon this week was entitled “Dear Ephesus…Where’s the love?” (Rev. 2:1-7) you can download the handout HERE. Reflect and Discuss
- How does the description of Jesus in 2:1 give you comfort for the trials in your life?
- What good deeds does God have for you to do? How can your church emulate the Ephesians’ diligent efforts?
- Why do you think Jesus was just as concerned with doctrine as He was with good works?
- What doctrinal tests would you give to those who want to lead and teach in the local church?
- Why does Jesus use such strong language for His feelings towards the Nicolaitans? How should we reflect Jesus’ heart while still loving our neighbor?
- How can you apply the threefold prescription to remember, repent, and return?
- Reflect on the place you first fell in love with Christ. What works marked that period of time in your spiritual journey?
- How would you explain what it means to be a “victor” or overcomer in the Christian life?
- What makes paradise wonderful, from a biblical perspective, and how does this contrast with popular conceptions of heaven?